What makes us different?
Every single day, we do at least 100 little things that set us apart. Thank you for trusting us with your pet’s care.
Little Things 1-50
- Smiling Faces: we have amazing, talented, happy team members who love taking care of you.
- Coffee! we partner with Austin Java to provide you tasty coffee any time you come in.
- Tours: we love to show off our facilities to our clients and guests, at any time!
- Tags: we engrave Firehouse pet tags for our patients – as many as you want – forever!
- Comfy Waiting Room: for the short time you are in it, we want you and your pet to be comfortable.
- We Smell Good! we work hard to not “smell like a vet clinic” because we are anti-stink.
- Great Art: we partner with local pet artists to feature beautiful artwork on our walls.
- Snacks! nothing makes kids (and adults) happier than grabbing a snack and a drink.
- Kid Stuff: toys, coloring books, cartoons, and more to keep them occupied while we chat.
- Austin Humane Society: we provide $10,000 of care each year plus other support (over $35,000 to date!).
- Wine! we say “thank you” for giving us a try by giving you a bottle of red or white wine.
- Follow-Ups: we want to make sure everything is going well, so we’ll reach out to you often.
- Open Doors: there are no boundaries in our facilities; we want to partner with you in patient care.
- Getting on the Floor: most of our patients are more comfortable there, and so are we.
- Stress-Free: we constantly strive to provide low-stress experiences for our patients and clients.
- Doctor Time: our doctors take time to sit and chat because it’s the core of how we practice.
- Dental Exams: we are tooth fanatics, so come in any time for a free dental exam.
- Comfort Room: we have special rooms for deep discussions or to say goodbye to a beloved pet.
- X-Rays: we pinpoint issues with a state-of-the-art digital system providing quick, high-quality images.
- Surgery Suite: we perform procedures in a dedicated suite full of the best medical devices available.
- Referral Program: when you trust us enough to send us a new client, you both benefit!
- Behavior Training: we work closely with Austin’s go-to “dog whisperers” on all behavioral issues.
- Cremation Services: we work with Rainbow Bridge because they treat our patients like their own pets.
- Specialist Network: we pre-screen and hand-select a comprehensive group of specialist partners.
- We Do the Work: we will fill out and submit paperwork for rebates, rewards, insurance – it’s our job!
- Wi-Fi and TV: waiting is a pain and we minimize it… but if it happens, we have free Wi-Fi and TV!
- Scheduling: we care about flow and our schedule; emergencies happen, but we typically run on time.
- Dental X-Rays: our digital system is crucial in providing the best care for your pet’s teeth.
- Technician Team: our techs are the best in the business, continually developing their skills.
- PAWS Rescue: we provide $10,000 of yearly care, advice, and other services (over $30,000 so far!).
- Client Service Team: our talented coordinators are here to facilitate every step of the process.
- Efficient Design: we spend months with our architects designing each facility to maximize functionality.
- Wellness: we offer cost-effective programs to identify issues early to keep patients happy and healthy.
- Puppy / Kitten: we provide discounted packages for the crucial early days, including spay/neuter.
- Client Rewards Program: your loyalty means a lot, and our program rewards you with special perks.
- Drop-Offs: we know you’re busy, so we welcome early appointment drop-offs and late pick-ups.
- No Hiding: our patients are always close to our team so we can keep a watchful eye on them.
- Digital Records: our electronic medical record system is secure, accurate, and reliable.
- Vendors: we build relationships with vendor partners to provide the best products and best prices.
- Lab: our on-site and reference laboratories provide comprehensive diagnostics for our patients.
- Kennels: our accommodations are clean, spacious, and comfortable for our patients.
- Cat-Friendly: we provide separate exam rooms and hospital space for our feline friends.
- Feliway: we use cat facial pheromones to decrease stress, especially in cat-only areas.
- Telemedicine: our medical team has 24-hour access to a specialist network for case consultation.
- Communication: we select for this skill in team members because it directly affects patient care.
- Collaboration: a core value here — our staff works as a team to solve clinical challenges.
- Positive Mindset: we foster positive communication to help everyone stay productive and lower stress.
- Giving: for every $250 you spend, you can donate $5 to a community group ($30,000 in impact so far!).
- Vet For A Day: we donate in-hospital experiences to a local school and community group fundraisers.
- Austin Pets Alive: we provide $10,000 of care per year plus other support (over $35,000 and counting!).
Little Things 51-100
- Internships: we mentor high school, college, and vet school interns to help build careers.
- Microchipping: we register every patient we microchip to make sure our patients make it home.
- Continuing Education: we are constantly learning and training to stay on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Info To Go: we send every patient home with complete information for continuing care.
- Staff Development: we provide individualized plans for our team members to foster their growth.
- Teamwork = Success! we know teamwork is the only way toward continued growth and success.
- Boarding / Grooming: we research and build relationships with Austin’s best pet service providers.
- TV & Radio: our doctors are regularly asked to provide medical expertise to TV and radio hosts on-air.
- Eanes ISD: we actively sponsor and participate in events and provide mentoring for Eanes schools.
- Austin ISD: we provide sponsorship and education to students at Zilker and other AISD schools.
- Community: we engage with and support many community groups working with kids and animals.
- Chief the Big Dog: our 12’ tall dog attends all of our events and occasionally visits our hospitals.
- Advisors: our doctors are medical advisors to pet-related businesses and groups in Austin and beyond.
- Awesome Doctors: we only invite the brightest, most caring, and experienced doctors to join our team.
- Austin Vibe: we embrace the ATX culture; life is stressful but we are here to give you peace of mind.
- Unparalleled Service: we start with great medicine and add excellent service to create great experiences.
- Comprehensive Care: we provide great care in our hospitals, and we coordinate care with specialists.
- Education: we want you to understand what is happening; the more you know, the better job we can do.
- Passion: we are driven by a shared love of providing great care to pets and their people.
- Austin Animal Center: we provide medical advice and $5,000 of care each year (over $25,000 so far!).
- Demonstration: nail trims, oral care, injections, blood sugar – no problem, we will teach you!
- Client Relationships: we feel lucky to be able to collaborate with you to provide care to your pet.
- Patient Relationships: working to provide health and happiness to our patients is a reward in itself.
- Communication Training: we are involved in medical communication research and training for our team.
- Online Meds: our online pharmacy is an easy, convenient, and economical way to buy pet products!
- Returns: if a diet we provide doesn’t work out, we will take it back for a full refund and find another solution.
- Vaccines: we respect the power of vaccination, and we use as few as possible, tailored to each patient.
- Medical Products: we investigate and select the best medical products available for our patients.
- Alternatives: we have partners in many alternative therapies to offer diverse treatment options.
- Windows: we design windows into our spaces so that you can see what is going on in our space.
- Thanks: we say thanks in many ways, often in the form of a written note; we appreciate you!
- No Drama: we have a no drama policy to create a workplace where we can actually get stuff done.
- Work / Life: although hard to balance, we create systems to help our teams achieve it.
- The “Why”: our culture is based on understanding why we are here and what we seek to achieve.
- Memorial Program: we honor each of our patients’ lives by making a contribution to Emancipet.
- Go Local: we try at every opportunity to support other local businesses through patronage or referral.
- The Bond: we value the role your pets play in your family; we treat them as if they were our own.
- Nutrition: great nutrition creates health and happiness; we offer the best expertise for our patients.
- Exotics: we aren’t limited to just dogs or cats; we also see birds, pocket pets, and the occasional pig.
- Welfare North: our Leander location provides $15,000 of service per year to 5 different animal groups.
- Locations: we are currently in Westlake, Kyle, and Leander; we will be in Dripping Springs soon (early ’18).
- 30 Minute Slots: we buck the industry trend and schedule plenty of time for our appointments.
- Saturdays: we are open for weekend appointments because we know you’re busy during the work week.
- Surgery: scheduled or emergency, we provide most procedures right here, right now.
- Staying Connected: we post stories on social media; find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Easy Appointments: easily schedule an appointment on our website or even through Google!
- Firehouse Swag: t-shirts and hats for humans; leashes, tennis balls, and water bowls for our furry friends!
- Austin Connection: parks, pet-friendly bars, and local festivals – look for us next time you’re out and about!
- Website: our mobile-friendly website is a great, up-to-date resource for both you and your pet.
- Feedback: good or bad, we love hearing about your experience – it helps us do even better.
We’re here to help.
Have questions? We’re here to help! Our Austin animal hospital is open, inviting and modern. Please don’t hesitate to contact us or stop by.
Mon-Fri: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 12:00pm
We provide 24-hour care by phone, so you know that we’ll always be there when you need us most.
Use the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 512.765.9009.