Since opening our doors in April 2012, Firehouse has enjoyed supporting animal welfare causes in the local community. We have collaborated with many groups around the greater Austin area to help serve the needy pets. With the help of our generous clients, we were able to donate:
- $2,500 to Barkitecture – Barkitecture was created to help support Austin Dog Rescue, Don’t Bully Me Rescue, Lizzy’s Hospice House, Meals on Wheels & More PALS, and Wags, Hope & Healing. With the support of Barkitecture these organizations are able to help improve animal health and welfare in the Austin and the surrounding areas.
- $5,000 of Veterinary Services are donated to Austin Pets Alive, Austin Humane Society, Austin Animal Center, and PAWS annually. These local shelters help promote compassion towards animals, prevent future homelessness through spaying and neutering, and invite the community to help in being part of the solution.
- Westlake Golf Classic – The Westlake Golf Classic helps raise money for Mobile Loaves & Fishes which is a non-profit organization in Austin, Texas that helps provide food and clothing to the homeless in need.
- Dell Mosiac Wall – Firehouse sponsored a Mosaic wall at the Dell Children’s Hospital in Austin, Texas that was made in honor of Woody and all the volunteer therapy dogs that have followed him in the program. This wall exhibits 275 local works of art that help support the continued efforts by Dell Children’s lasting engagement to the healing power of art for children and their families.
- Bridge Point Elementary – Bridge Point Elementary’s Bobcat Fest is an annual event that helps bring together the kids, staff, and the community.
- Derby Day, Trinity School, St. Louise House, Hill Country Conservancy, and Bernice Kiker Elementary School – Firehouse contributed to a silent auction, at each event, the opportunity for a child to come shadow a Veterinarian and the staff. They get to see exams with clients, and also observe surgeries and dental procedures. The goal is to help develop a basic understanding of Veterinary Medicine and how to have fun!
- TVMA Memorial Gift Program – Donations are made monthly to TVMA to remember a loved pet by supporting the Memorial Gift Program. The donations benefit new veterinary students, Emergency Student Fund Grant, scholarships, and various other ways of educating the public about veterinary medicine.
- Hospice Austin – Pet Program – Hospice Austin and Pet Peace of Mind work together through countless rolls of pet care while patients are ill. Throughout the illness Hospice Austin helps feed, walk, play and give affection to the pets. While also coordinate routine veterinary care and further assisting in finding a loving home for the pet if requested.
- Emancipet – Emancipet is a low-cost spay/neuter clinic that is located in Austin, Texas but helps the surrounding areas as well. Their services include a network of low-cost vaccine clinics, spay/neuter clinics, and also training and supporting other clinics.
- Sunshine Run – Donation was made to help sponsor t-shirts for the run. The Sunshine Run helps bring the community together while promoting an active lifestyle and raising money for the Austin Sunshine Camps.
- Pug Calendar Sponsorship – Firehouse donated to sponsor their yearly calendar that helps support Pug Rescue of Austin. Pug Rescue of Austin is a nonprofit organization that helps rescue and re-home abused, neglected and unwanted pugs.
- Violet Crown Trail – 3-year donation to help support a large project to the newest hike and bike trail that will extend from Zilker Park all the way into Buda, Tx.
- Hays County Texas A&M Moms’ Club – Firehouse helped sponsor an event to help raise money for scholarships for graduating seniors. The Hays County Texas A&M Moms’ Club is a great organization in the Hays County area that offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors from Hays County area schools.
- Westlake Project Graduation – Westlake Project Graduation has a mission to provide one of the most fun and safest nights for graduating seniors. Firehouse loved to be apart of such a big event for the Westlake youth community!
- Austin Humane Society Gala – Donations to ‘Rags to Wags’ directly helps Austin Humane Society’s programs and services so they can save thousands of homeless animals each year.
- Austin Pets Alive Spooktacular Gala – This event is held annually to help raise money and support for the Austin Pets Alive shelter in Austin, TX to help support homeless animals in Central Texas. Dogs and cats are also invited to Spooktacular for some fun trick-or-treating!
- PAWS in the Pool – The last day of the outdoor pools season the Buda YMCA opens the pool and splash pad to dogs and their owners! All the proceeds that were raised at the event go to PAWSShelterr of Central Texas.
- For The Love of Go – Firehouse is helping sponsor four-legged athletes at different running/walking activities around the Buda and Kyle area.
Together we will make a difference in the lives of animals in Austin!
We’re here to help.
Have questions? We’re here to help! Our Austin animal hospital is open, inviting and modern. Please don’t hesitate to contact us or stop by.
Mon-Fri: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 12:00pm
We provide 24-hour care by phone, so you know that we’ll always be there when you need us most.
Use the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 512.765.9009.