You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
100 Little Things
...that Firehouse does each day to set itself apart!
- Smiling Faces: we have amazing, talented, happy team members who love taking care of you.
- Coffee! we partner with Austin Java to provide you tasty coffee any time you come in.
- Tours: we love to show off our facilities to our clients and guests, at any time!
- Tags: we engrave Firehouse pet tags for our patients – as many as you want – forever!
- Comfy Waiting Room: for the short time you are in it, we want you and your pet to be comfortable.
- We Smell Good! we work hard to not "smell like a vet clinic" because we are anti-stink.
- Great Art: we partner with local pet artists to feature beautiful artwork on our walls.
- Snacks! nothing makes kids (and adults) happier than grabbing a snack and a drink.
- Kid Stuff: toys, coloring books, cartoons, and more to keep them occupied while we chat.
- Austin Humane Society: we provide $10,000 of care each year plus other support (over $35,000 to date!).
- Wine! we say “thank you” for giving us a try by giving you a bottle of red or white wine.
- Follow-Ups: we want to make sure everything is going well, so we’ll reach out to you often.
- Open Doors: there are no boundaries in our facilities; we want to partner with you in patient care.
- Getting on the Floor: most of our patients are more comfortable there, and so are we.
- Stress Free: we constantly strive to provide low-stress experiences for our patients and clients.
- Doctor Time: our doctors take time to sit and chat because it’s the core of how we practice.
- Dental Exams: we are tooth fanatics, so come in any time for a free dental exam.
- Comfort Room: we have special rooms for deep discussions or to say goodbye to a beloved pet.
- X-Rays: we pinpoint issues with a state-of-the-art digital system providing quick, high-quality images.
- Surgery Suite: we perform procedures in a dedicated suite full of the best medical devices available.
- Referral Program: when you trust us enough to send us a new client, you both benefit!
- Behavior Training: we work closely with Austin's go-to "dog whisperers" on all behavioral issues.
- Cremation Services: we work with Rainbow Bridge because they treat our patients like their own pets.
- Specialist Network: we pre-screen and hand-select a comprehensive group of specialist partners.
- We Do the Work: we will fill out and submit paperwork for rebates, rewards, insurance – it’s our job!
- Wi-Fi and TV: waiting is a pain and we minimize it… but if it happens, we have free Wi-Fi and TV!
- Scheduling: we care about flow and our schedule; emergencies happen, but we typically run on time.
- Dental X-Rays: our digital system is crucial in providing the best care for your pet’s teeth.
- Technician Team: our techs are the best in the business, continually developing their skills.
- PAWS Rescue: we provide $10,000 of yearly care, advice, and other services (over $30,000 so far!).
- Client Service Team: our talented coordinators are here to facilitate every step of the process.
- Efficient Design: we spend months with our architects designing each facility to maximize functionality.
- Wellness: we offer cost-effective programs to identify issues early to keep patients happy and healthy.
- Puppy / Kitten: we provide discounted packages for the crucial early days, including spay / neuter.
- Client Rewards Program: your loyalty means a lot, and our program rewards you with special perks.
- Drop-Offs: we know you’re busy, so we welcome early appointment drop-offs and late pick-ups.
- No Hiding: our patients are always close to our team so we can keep a watchful eye on them.
- Digital Records: our electronic medical record system is secure, accurate, and reliable.
- Vendors: we build relationships with vendor partners to provide the best products and best prices.
- Lab: our on-site and reference laboratories provide comprehensive diagnostics for our patients.
- Kennels: our accommodations are clean, spacious, and comfortable for our patients.
- Cat Friendly : we provide separate exam rooms and hospital space for our feline friends.
- Feliway: we use cat facial pheromones to decrease stress, especially in cat-only areas.
- Telemedicine: our medical team has 24-hour access to a specialist network for case consultation.
- Communication: we select for this skill in team members because it directly affects patient care.
- Collaboration: a core value here -- our staff works as a team to solve clinical challenges.
- Positive Mindset: we foster positive communication to help everyone stay productive and lower stress.
- Giving: for every $250 you spend, you can donate $5 to a community group ($30,000 in impact so far!).
- Vet For A Day: we donate in-hospital experiences to local school and community group fundraisers.
- Austin Pets Alive: we provide $10,000 of care per year plus other support (over $35,000 and counting!).
- Internships: we mentor high school, college, and vet school interns to help build careers.
- Microchipping: we register every patient we microchip to make sure our patients make it home.
- Continuing Education: we are constantly learning and training to stay on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Info To Go: we send every patient home with complete information for continuing care.
- Staff Development: we provide individualized plans for our team members to foster their growth.
- Teamwork = Success! we know teamwork is the only way toward continued growth and success.
- Boarding / Grooming: we research and build relationships with Austin’s best pet service providers.
- TV & Radio: our doctors are regularly asked to provide medical expertise to TV and radio hosts on-air.
- Eanes ISD: we actively sponsor and participate in events and provide mentoring for Eanes schools.
- Austin ISD: we provide sponsorship and education to students at Zilker and other AISD schools.
- Community: we engage with and support many community groups working with kids and animals.
- Chief the Big Dog: our 12’ tall dog attends all of our events and occasionally visits our hospitals.
- Advisors: our doctors are medical advisors to pet-related businesses and groups in Austin and beyond.
- Awesome Doctors: we only invite the brightest, most caring, and experienced doctors to join our team.
- Austin Vibe: we embrace the ATX culture; life is stressful but we are here to give you peace of mind.
- Unparalleled Service: we start with great medicine and add excellent service to create great experiences.
- Comprehensive Care: we provide great care in our hospitals, and we coordinate care with specialists.
- Education: we want you to understand what is happening; the more you know, the better job we can do.
- Passion: we are driven by a shared love of providing great care to pets and their people.
- Austin Animal Center: we provide medical advice and $5,000 of care each year (over $25,000 so far!).
- Demonstration: nail trims, oral care, injections, blood sugar – no problem, we will teach you!
- Client Relationships: we feel lucky to be able to collaborate with you to provide care to your pet.
- Patient Relationships: working to provide health and happiness to our patients is a reward in itself.
- Communication Training: we are involved in medical communication research and training for our team.
- Online Meds: our online pharmacy is an easy, convenient, and economical way to buy pet products!
- Returns: if a diet we provide doesn’t work out, we will take it back for a full refund and find another solution.
- Vaccines: we respect the power of vaccination, and we use as few as possible, tailored to each patient.
- Medical Products: we investigate and select the best medical products available for our patients.
- Alternatives: we have partners in many alternative therapies to offer diverse treatment options.
- Windows: we design windows into our spaces so that you can see what is going on in our space.
- Thanks: we say thanks in many ways, often in the form of a written note; we appreciate you!
- No Drama: we have a no drama policy to create a work place where we can actually get stuff done.
- Work / Life: although hard to balance, we create systems to help our teams achieve it.
- The “Why”: our culture is based on understanding why we are here and what we seek to achieve.
- Memorial Program: we honor each of our patients’ lives by making a contribution to Emancipet.
- Go Local: we try at every opportunity to support other local businesses through patronage or referral.
- The Bond: we value the role your pets play in your family; we treat them as if they were our own.
- Nutrition: great nutrition creates health and happiness; we offer the best expertise for our patients.
- Exotics: we aren’t limited to just dogs or cats; we also see birds, pocket pets, and the occasional pig.
- Welfare North: our Leander location provides $15,000 of service per year to 5 different animal groups.
- Locations: we are currently in Westlake, Kyle, and Leander; we will be in Dripping Springs soon (early ’18).
- 30 Minute Slots: we buck the industry trend and schedule plenty of time for our appointments.
- Saturdays: we are open for weekend appointments because we know you’re busy during the work week.
- Surgery: scheduled or emergency, we provide most procedures right here, right now.
- Staying Connected: we post stories on social media; find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Easy Appointments: easily schedule an appointment on our website or even through Google!
- Firehouse Swag: t-shirts and hats for humans; leashes, tennis balls, and water bowls for our furry friends!
- Austin Connection: parks, pet-friendly bars, and local festivals – look for us next time you’re out and about!
- Website: our mobile-friendly website is a great, up-to-date resource for both you and your pet.
- Feedback: good or bad, we love hearing about your experience – it helps us do even better.
After Hours Info